In the period 2018-2020, the project Implementation of pilot projects that will support the transition to the implementation of the systemic long-term care act was carried out in Slovenia. The activities took place in three pilot environments, which were selected in a public tender (JR 2018) and implemented the following projects:
- Establishment of systemic implementation of long-term care in the Celje region in the urban pilot environment of Celje
- Centre for integrated community long-term care services Koroška in the semi-rural pilot environment of Dravograd
- Integrated care in the municipality of Krško MOST in the rural pilot environment Krško.
More about the projects and objectives of the public tender can be found on the website of the contracting authority of pilot projects, Ministry of Health of the Republic of Slovenia.
Ministry of Health was also the contracting authority of the Evaluation of pilot projects in the field of long-term care (JN 2018). From January 2019 to December 2020, the latter was implemented by consortium partners: Social Protection Institute of the Republic of Slovenia, Faculty of Social Sciences of the University of Ljubljana, and Institute for Economic Research.
The ultimate goal of the evaluation was to prepare an overall assessment of the implementation of pilot projects, with which the pilot project implementers tested new methods, procedures, mechanisms and services in the field of long-term care, and to monitor their effects on people. The target groups were users and their informal carers, employees in pilot environments and other stakeholders in the field of long-term care.
As part of the evaluation, we evaluated the achievement of the objectives as defined by the public procurement for the implementation of the evaluation. Based on the final joint evaluation, we gave the client substantiated proposals in terms of selection of instruments and tools, process planning, training, new services and coordinated and integrated treatment, which will help create appropriate solutions in the field of integrated long-term care.
The results of the evaluation are presented in a scientific monograph and a brief expert summary.
- Dolgotrajna oskrba – izziv in priložnost za boljši jutri (povzetek)
- Long-term care – a challenge and opportunity for a better tomorrow (brief summary)
- Long-term care – a challenge and opportunity for a better tomorrow (scientific monograph)
If you have any questions or need additional information regarding the project, we are at your disposal at email@example.com.
The investment was co-financed by European Union from the European Social Fund and the Republic of Slovenia and EU Health Program with the co-financing the SCIROCCO Exchange project.